Aug 31, 2010

Lookie!! My hubby made a card!!!


Yup, you read it right! My hubby made his first card last night!! Didn't he do a great job? I'm so proud of him and to be honest I was shocked he even wanted to make one! I was in my scrap room when he came in and asked and I was just blowed away!! So, I gave him quick lessons on my gyspy and left him alone while he searched for what he wanted. After that I showed him how to get them ready to cut (I let him pick the colors). After that I showed him how to make the base of the card (which not sure if he could remember the measurements again hee hee) then I let him pick some pattern paper. He came up with how he wanted it arranged and everything!! I just can't tell you how proud of him I was and how much fun we had doing it! I did have to add the eyes to the ghost he wouldn't do them but he added the dot for the door knob and the dots in the windows are eyes he said peeking out! He stamped the word BOO using some alphabet wooden stamps. Oh and I forgot if anybody is interested the cuts are from Paper Doll Dress Up (I sure didn't let him know the name of the cartridge he wouldn't have touched it then!!) Anyway, I just had to post this card and show it off!! I'm sure he would get a big kick out of comments so if you have the time please leave him some love and I'll be sure to show it to him!!! Thanks again for looking!!

10 comments:

goatesgirl said...

My hubby used to watch me work back in the days when the only place I had to work was my living room floor...or sometimes he would go through my stuff and make me cards for special occasions...now that I have taken over half of the garage he won't come near my stuff...he hardly touches his own workbench anymore...guess he's afraid he's going to find his tools covered in glitter that migrated from my side of the room

Tamara Bennett said...

Holy Moley! Great job Mr. Leanne! haha. just realized I don't know remember your last name...hehe. I am so proud of him! and of you for getting him interested in something that most men wouldn't even dare to ask about even if they were insterested! Go girl!

Stephanie said...

He did an awesome job Leanne!! Wish my hubby would do something like that with me!!

Jessica Wekenman said...

Hehehe, love it! He made a fabulous card! I love the ghosts peaking out of the haunted house! Our toys really are so fun, they are irresistable!

1CardCreator said...

Watch out Leanne, looks like you have some serious competition! All it takes is to make 1 awesome crd like this and then you're hooked, tee hee!. He did an awesome job, I love all the details! ~Diane

Scrapin Kat said...

You better watch out he'll be in your stash and wanting his own tools... My husband can use design studio better than me! I am waiting for my gypsy to arrive , I'm excited because then he can help me with some layouts!

craft-princess said...

WOW! Great work!! I'm just now getting my hubby to be in the same room with me while crafting...he is mostly on the phone working but atleast he is walking into the room now! LOL! I dream of the day my hubby wants to pick something up and make something....that would be so great! Your lucky! And he did wonderful!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, this is too fun. You should see the crazy one my hubby made and I can tell you there was bo Gypsy involved. Cut up Hall mark and flowers from my stash attached with Scotch tape! Tell your hubs he did awesome!

The Scrappin' Quiltin' Nana said...

Great job Leanne's hubby. I think it is so cool when the men get involved with us gals!

Cheryl said...

Great job Leanne's hubby! I love this. I hope you will make another one soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...