Aug 18, 2010

Lindsay Stamp Stuff Post & Sale!!


Hey everyone!! I'm back!!! I've missed the last couple of weeks joining in on Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. Things still are pretty crazy around here and alot going on but I'm surviving!! With homeschooling, daddy, and other family issues I'm beginning to wonder if things will ever settle down! But like I said I'm surviving it's just my crafting time thats suffering! Before I get started talking about my project I first want to tell you about Lindsay's sale at MyGrafico.com. Starting tonight at midnight thru tomorrow night at midnight everything is 40% off!! You can't beat that sale! But before you run off (which I know you will hee hee) let me tell you a little about my project!! I don't know if ya'll remember or not but I'm in the template club over at PaperWishes.com and this month the template is party lanterns. At first I wasn't to sure if I was thrilled with this template or not but I decided to give them a try before I filed it away! The template has six different lanterns to make but I chose the one called open sky. I have to admit it did take me a couple of trys to get it right but once I had it figured out it really was simple and now I think I could make one super quick! Since Halloween is right around the corner and Lindsay has came out with a new Vintage Halloween label set that I've been dying to use I decided to start my Halloween decorations early!! It's probably going to take a little work but won't these be cute strung up and hung! I used my Stampin Up punches to punch out the digital stamps. I just now noticed that on one I did some white dots on the scallop circle but totally forgot to do it on the other but I'll fix that later! I had some plastic bats and spiders left from last years goodie bags that we made and thought they would be cute to add to. I also used the drippy goo Martha Stewart punch and added that border all the way around the lantern. The possiblities are really endless on how you can use these but I wanted them to be kinda simple because I'm sure I'm going to have to make alot to hang them where I want!! I also want to try some of the other lanterns to and see how they come out. Well, that's my project for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff this week and I really hope you've enjoyed it! Lindsay will also have a cool freebie for you on her blog and a great tutorial that you don't want to miss and don't forget all the other DT members fabulous projects that they have in store for you. Ok, now you have my permission to run over to MyGrafico and check out Lindsay's sale!!!

15 comments:

TN Granny said...

Leanne,
What a cute idea for the kids at school or even for Sunday School. Your so smart girl!!
God Bless,
Jeanine

Cheryl said...

Very cool! I love these laterns. Great idea.

Cindi said...

what a cool project!! they look fab! I hope things settle down for you soon
:)

Tamara Bennett said...

These turned out so cute! Love them!

Mrs. Fence said...

Love your project! Great idea and so happy to see you back. Hang in there, girl.

Margie said...

What a cute idea! I love these lanterns, I may need to make some!

CanadianScraps43 said...

I hope things get better for you sweetie. I know what you mean about things being out of sorts and not settling down. I so love these little Halloween Treat Boxes. You did an amazing job. Praying that things will calm down and that you can get back into the swing of things. Love Ya! Hugs.

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

These are uber cute Leanne - perfect decorations or even treat holders!

Micki said...

omg, this is awesome. I love it. I still need to get my toes wet with 3D stuff. kwim? Girl, anything you create always is absolutely fabulous.

hugs

Melissa Craig said...

These are so cute Leanne! What a great idea.

I hope things do settle down for you.

ljurecek said...

C*U*T*E, cute, cute! Those lanterns are sweet! They look especially great with the spooky labels! So glad you're back (in action)!

1CardCreator said...

Love these lanterns! They look great with this set! Glad you found some time to craft. ~Diane

Lindsay Weirich said...

wow those templates are adorable! I love the favor boxes, how cute would a bunch of them hanging on a string be?

Deedee Anderson said...

What a clever project, Leanne! Those lanterns are darling, and I bet they could be made for so many different occasions. Praying that things settle down for you soon, sweetheart! Hugs, Deedee

Karin said...

What a cute idea! Love this lantern and the images are perfect for this project :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...