Jul 15, 2010

You're a Classic - Lindsay's Stamp Stuff


Hey everyone! I'm so excited!! I can finally share my card for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Thursday!! Lindsay has came out with a awesome new digi set, steampunk style. It has some really cool images and great for making those masculine cards that we all tend to have trouble with! I used the classic car digi and first I colored it with my copics. I then used distress ink by Tim Holtz to give it a antique look and did the same thing with my sentiment.  I used my Heritage Cricut cartridge to cut the frame that the sentiment is on. I then added some screw looking brads to each side to give it more of a manly feel. Ok, now I want ya'll to check that bow out!!! I made that with the bow easy!! I know it's hard to tell in the photo but it turned out sooo much better than any bow I've ever made! That's mainly why I don't use ribbon often I can't tie bows! But now I can and I may just go bow crazy hee hee! But wait that's not all see that little flower on top of the bow? Yup, made that to!! A good friend of mine gave me the link to a awesome blog that has a svg file and a video tutorial that is (from what I'm told) the same cut as the Sizzix Bigz Die flower. I had been wanting that die for a while but now I guess I can spend my money on other things! You have seriously got to check this blog out! This lady is amazing and super generous to share her svg files. I signed up to follow so I wouldn't miss a thing!! Ok, back to my card I got a little side tracked! The paper I used for this card is by K & Company, Life's Journey. This digi set is a MUST have so head over to Lindsay's shop and be sure to get it today!! You get 17 stamps for $5.00!! Now that's a great deal!! Don't forget to head over to Lindsay's blog and pick up this week's freebie. I've added the DT members links to my side bar so please go to their blogs and see what they've been up to this week! Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy the rest of the week!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers - photo inspiration
Creative Card Crew - To die for, use a die cut
Donna's Den of Crafts - It's A Man's World
Incy Wincy Designs - distress it
Little Paper Shop - distressing
Inspired Style - vintage typewriter (I went with the vintage theme)

21 comments:

judie said...

this is stunning, love the colours so much and your bow is brilliant, i just cant do big fancy bows like this, so well done on a fantastic card and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

joy said...

Beautiful card. Love how each element has been distressed. You have captured the spirit of the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Paper Shop.

Tamara Bennett said...

Holy cow! Leanne your coloring on this is awesome. I love how you used the distressing inks! Guess what?! I ordered some copics on ebay this week!!!! I can't wait to get them. I'm dying to start playing with them. Your card is beautiful! (BTW, I couldn't find the link to the blog you were talking about with the svg files).

1CardCreator said...

This card is totally over the top gorgeous Leanne! You colored it in so realistically, and your bow and flower are awesome! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Cindi said...

fantastic card!!! I love those brads adn that the flower works sow ell on a masculine card
:)

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, this is stunning! What a joyful beautiful card - hands down, this is one of my faves so far! SUPER! ::: claps with glee! :::

Karin said...

This is so ridiculously great...Absolute perfection. You rock girlie!

Lindsay Weirich said...

Beautiful, I love how you added the flower and bow and it still looks "manly"

Micki said...

I loved it the first time I saw it and just have to say..... WOWSERS.... literally drops my jaw. it's drop dead gorgeous..... :-)

hugs

Lin said...

Love, love, love this gorgeously grungy card. As you say perfect for the awkward amongst us, errrr I mean men.

Love that flower.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Lin x

PS Off to check out that blog, thanks for the link.

Margie said...

Leanne! This is just gorgeous!! One of my favorites you've ever done!!!Amazing!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Awesome awesome awesome Leanne! You did a fabulous job with this card!!! I used that set and some distress ink myself - creative minds think alike! :)

dragonllew said...

Great card I love the colours you have used thanks for joining us at Donna's Den & good luck.
Jenny x

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is drop dead gorgous! I love the distressing and that image is wonderful. Wonderful job. Love the die cut shapes so much too.

Deedee Anderson said...

The new image is really neat, Leanne, but WOW, your coloring is fantastic! It looks like an old photograph. Great papers and accessories, too. Did I say WOW? WOW! Hugs, Deedee

Heather "Hev" said...

all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for joining us this week over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Have a wonderful week
Heather
my blog

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love the vintage feel :)

Thanks for joining us at Donna's Den & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Julie Riley said...

Great card, love the colours, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

Sylvia said...

oh my word.. this is gorgeous!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Donnas Den of Crafts challenge this time and hope to see you again :)
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

wooow! wonderful article and many thanks

Nina S. B. Macaulay said...

Wow the colouring of that lovley veteran car is just mind blowing! such a great card!

Have a good weekend
Regards Nina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...