Jul 25, 2010

Scary night at the races!!




Ok, let me start off by saying this was not for Kyle!! But this momma is ready for him to give this racing career up!! We went to a new track last night one that I hope we won't be back at. There were major wrecks all night. This one and several more where the ambulances had to take them. But this wreck was the worst and I'm sure prayers are needed. This was a girl in the pro class. She wrecked while she was coming off of a jump and landed sideways. She and the 4-wheeler flipped several times and it landed on her. She stopped breathing and when they left with her they had got her breathing but she was not responding. As far as Kyle he came in 1st kinda by default he was the only one in his class. The bad thing was since he was the only one they stuck him in a "older" class with more experienced riders. During qualifying he got tangled up in a pile up and his 4-wheeler stood up on it's nose and it and him both almost flipped over. Talk about scared I about died!! He was able to get it back down not sure how (other than me praying really, really hard) This is one track that I hope I never see again and I think my hubby agrees also. By the end of the night my nerves were shot!!  I sure hope there are not ANY races next weekend anywhere....

8 comments:

Bug Junkie said...

Glad Kyle is safe and sound. I will say a prayer for the girl and hope all is alright. The track makes all the difference. My nephew wrecked and broke his femur because they changed a track right before the race! Talk about a dumb thing to do. Hugs to you!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, I am sure it was only with your prayers going up that Kyle was able to put it back down... I will be praying for that girl.. how scary.... Sending you big hugs my friend

CanadianScraps43 said...

Oh so happy that Kyle wasn't involved in this pile up. Praying for the family though and hope everything works out great.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Omigosh, so glad that your Kyle is safe and sound .. altho that sounds a bit scrary to me .. and I will sre keep that girl in prayer .. I guess he can give this up none too soon for you!

Tamara Bennett said...

I bet that was scary for you guys. Hopefully that girl is going to be ok. My brother used to race dirt bikes when he was younger and it was a lot of fun for me, but I was just his older sister, so I wasn't so scared as I would be if it were my son. Just make sure that boy practices, that is the best way to prevent accidents.

~BridgetL~ said...

So Glad to hear Kyle is safe. sending prayers to all those involved in accidents. I'd be a nervous wreck if my kids were into racing.

Karin said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear Kyle is ok, but how scary for some other parent...Your Etsy shop in your side bar looks great :) I will be taking a peek!

1CardCreator said...

Thank goodness Kyle is ok! ~Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...