Jul 21, 2010

Lindsay Stamp Stuff Post - Happy Birthday!


Yikes!! It's been several days since I've posted hopefully I'll have a few more things to share over the next few days (fingers crossed) Before I go any further some of you may have noticed that I've opened a Etsy Shop!! I've been debating and debating over this forever!! To be honest I've been a big chicken and finally just decided to face my fears and go for it!! I haven't got everything listed yet just thought I would see if I had any luck with a few at first. I know most of you are crafters yourselves and won't be interested but if you do ever see anything that your interested in and it's not posted on the Etsy shop just email me I'm pretty willing to sell anything as long as I still have it! Also, just say a small prayer that I might get lucky and build a little business Lord knows I sure could use the extra money! Ok, on to my card for Lindsays Stamp Stuff! This week Lindsay is sponsoring Tuesday Morning Sketches! The challenge this week was to use any sketch that you wanted (must be a Tuesday Morning sketch) and add something that reminds you of summer. I chose sketch #52. Be sure to play along Lindsay is offering a free set to the winner! I used two sets this week All Around Phrases and the Cute Easter set (pictures of both sets are at the bottom of this post). I used both sets to make the flowers you see on my card and the butterfly. I used the eggs and one of the circles (without a phrase). By using my photo program I was able to shrink the egg down to a petal size and just copy and pasted around the digi image from the all around phrases. I hope this makes sense I am not the best at explaining but trust me it was super easy!! After I had everything the way I wanted I printed and colored with my copics and added distress stickles. I actually made one extra flower that I didn't use so I used it to punch my butterfly out with. I used a brad for one center and a little diamond gem for the other so it makes it hard to see the middle stamp. I also used another Martha Stewart punch for my leaves. I used my nestibilites for the circle and scallop circle and also Tim Holtz distress ink to age it up some. My Happy Birthday sentiment is a Studio G stamp which I also distressed with some ink and colored around the edges with my copics. I have no clue what the correct name for the ribbon I used and you can barely see it but I run it on top and bottom of the design paper (which is a scrap from my stash). I used another punch for my border underneath. I was able to find some kraft paper at Hobby Lobby over the weekend and was excited to get to use it! Well, I think I listed everything!! Whew, didn't mean to make it so long and hopefully it all makes sense!  Be sure to head over to Lindsay's blog and see what amazing project she has created this week and all the other design team members (links are on my sidebar) Lindsay usually offers a freebie each week so you don't want to miss that! Also, head over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and play along and have a chance a free stamp set!! Thanks for looking!!



I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Aimee's Challenge Blog - something for a friend
Friends Having Fun - color challenge
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - stitches, scallops, & sparkle
Paper Playtime - flower power
Paper Sundaes - make your own flowers
Wild Orchid Challenge Blog - say it with flowers


23 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne this is just so beautiful, you just keep amazing me. AND how exciting that you are opening an Etsy store, I pray it will go well for you. hugs

Karin said...

Congrats on your Etsy shop, I hope it goes well! It should if you're gonna stock it with thing like this...Amazing! Who would know this used an Easter egg stamp! Very cool :)

Janis said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Janis said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Cor* said...

This is very classical looking. Clean yet complex but not cluttered. It is super nice! thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy this week. Good luck.

Tamara Bennett said...

How creative of you Leanne! I love the card and the colors! Don't you just love the kraft paper? I got some last week and now it is my new fav thing to make cards with! I have used it to make more than 10cards so far! I just love how it compliments any paper you put on it! And it looks great left alone too (unlike white paper). White always looks like it's missing something.

Lisa said...

Very pretty card! Love the colours and thanks for the explanation of how you made the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Cindi said...

such a pretty card!! love those flowers. congrats on the esty shop
:)

Primitive Paper said...

Beautiful. I had to do a double take on those "flower petals". Very creative.

1CardCreator said...

this is o so pretty Leanne, so clever to use the egg for your flower. Best of luck to you with your Etsy store, I know you will do well! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Margie said...

Congrats on the ETSY shop! Your card is so creative and pretty, I love it!

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is beautiful Leanne and I think the recipient of this card will be so blessed. Hugs.

Lindsay Weirich said...

Congrats on the etsy shop, girl, why didn't you tell us, I think you should make scrapbook pages that people can put their photos into (make an extra when you scrap your own stuff) and those would be a hit I'm sure, congrats on the shop and great card!

Mrs. Fence said...

I'm glad you explained your card - I was trying to find the stamp! LOL LOVE how you used the eggs for petals. This card is just beautiful. You will have great success in your etsy shop with cards like this!

gina g said...

Wow this is really gorgeous i just love it. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

Micki said...

OMG Leanne, I wish I could create like you. Seriously, this card is absolutely gorgeous. I totally love it!!!!!!!! and woohoo on the Etsy shop, I've been wanting to start one too but haven't had the guts. I may have to get with you for help in setting one up.
Girl, your cards rock!!!!! I wanna come and play at your house :-)

hugs

alicaz said...

wonderful! Love the colors and the flower is fabulous too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful rich colors and amazing detailing, Leanne! Stunning card!

Ellie said...

WOW, this is amazing. LOVE those bold colors. Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week, hope you'll join in again next week.

Cheryl said...

This is so gorgeous and creative! I love it.

Good luck on your Etsy shop. I have been thinking about it lately too. (I think we all could use a little extra money to support our crafting addiction!)

Stampin Mindy said...

Really pretty, love the colors.

Thanks for joining us at F&F this week!

Anne-Marije said...

Oh wow this is wonderful...
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

JanJay said...

Gorgeous card, the flower is stunning

Thanks for joining in our challenge at Craftalicious & best of luck

Jan xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...