Jul 16, 2010

Best Fishes!


Hey ya'll!! How's your Friday been? I've been nothing but a lazy bum!! It's been stormy here today and the house has stayed so dark that I have taken me several naps!! Ok..I confess they were more than naps I slept half the day away!! I was up late last night and really needed some sleep!! I was going thru my stamp sets the other day and I ran across this set I've had for a while. Well, it got me thinking about Deedee's set of her fish and sentiments! I just had to see what her fish looked like in the tank and this is what I came up with!! I used my copics to color and after I got everything colored I added glossy accents. Deedee's fish had some bubbles coming out the fishes mouth but since I cut around the fish I used two clear skittles as my bubbles. My washing machine went ka pooie on me this week so I'm going in the morning to hopefully get me a new one.  I hate when appliances tear up!! It always happens at the worst time (which I guess there's never a good time for it to happen huh?) Anyway, by the looks of it I'll be spending most of my weekend trying to get caught up on the washing yuck! Kyle has a race tomorrow night (if weather permitting) so everyone please keep him in your prayers! It scares me to death he's going to get hurt. Thanks for looking!!

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Paper Playtime - bubbles
Pollyscraft Monday Challenge - bold and bright (I think my fish is that hee hee)
Sentimental Sundays - use a clear element (glossy accents)

19 comments:

Lisa said...

So so cute! I love the 3D bubbles!!

The Memory Keeper said...

I always love what you do with the glossy accents. I love that stuff! You skittles look like bubbles!

Sandy said...

This is really beautiful Leanne! You did a great job and I love the bubbles too! The glassy accent just adds so much to the card!

Scrapin Kat said...

thats a cool card! So with on the breaking stuff at home - we had Ac prob Put a BIG hole in the budget! So how many copics do you have? I think I have 30 I am waiting om some new stamps - next project create some classes... Hey the are Regestering for Scrappin forCure at Valley Chiropractice going to be at the mall in FlOrence I am having saletable I think its Oct 17

cardcrazy said...

So cute, love the fish bowl! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How awesome is this, and how clever to use the skittles as bubbles... you are so talented girl. Love your coloring, the whole card is AWESOME

Karin said...

Aweome card... the fishbowl looks real with the glaze on it :)

Deedee Anderson said...

How FUN, Leanne! What a wonderful scene you created! It's so neat how you glazed the fish bowl, and the bubbles are fantastic! Re broken appliances -- have you checked Craig's List for your area? There are often people giving away perfectly great (sometimes new) appliances for free or very low cost there. We got a new stove and dishwasher that way this last year when my hubby was out of work. Sometimes it takes watching it for a bit, but the money saved really helps. Praying for Kyle to be SAFE! Hugs, Deedee

Joanna K said...

What an awesome and fun card ;) Best fishes to you too lol! Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

Kimberly S said...

How fun! What a beautiful job on the coloring and on the glassy accents! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

Ceal said...

wow Leanne I love this so real looking

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is beautiful. I love the effect of water here and the coloring is wonderful. THanks for sharing another great card.

Janis said...

This is so sweet. I love the way you put greenery behind the sentiment. Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

MiamiKel said...

This is just adorable! WOnderfully done :)

Crafting Joanne said...

What a wonderful card Leanne, I love the effect of the glossy accents.

Thanks for joining us over at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Softangelkisses said...

Very cute! Your "bubbles" remind me of the Robins Nest Dew Drops...I need to find more of those little fellers!

1CardCreator said...

Love this! It looks so real! ~Diane

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I left you something on my blog

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I left you something on my blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...