Jul 11, 2010

Are you a Girly Girl?? Scrappy Frogs Challenge

Hello peeps!! I guess your shocked to see me back so soon hee hee!! I normally don't post two things on the same day but it turned out that I had two challenges to hit at the same time!! I made this card for Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog. Our challenge this time is girly girl. I used the cute flip flops and sentiment from Deedee's Digis. I love this sentiment it fits me so well! I love my flip flops and wished I was able to wear them year around! I decided to change things up a bit with my image. I used the sentiment as my focal point and the flip flops as a embellishment! The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch and I embossed them using the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. I wished I had something to make little antennas for them but after searching thru the house I came up empty handed! I made a boo boo that I could claim that I intended to do but I guess I will fess up! On the flip flop I used my nesties to cut the image out but screwed up and used the the scallop instead of the plain circle and didn't realize till I started to glue the two together!! It really wouldn't have been to big of a deal but I had done messed up coloring the flip flops at least twice and was starting to get just a little frustrated! So, I decided to go ahead and kinda rotate the two scallops so that the blue would show thru some and I think it turned out ok! I added a little clear gem to the flip flop but not sure if that shows up in my picture (for some reason I hard a hard time with the lighting when I took this) I added some ribbon (gasp, I'm not a big ribbon user) and tied a tiny bow (which I'm not good at either hee hee). The paper is by Paper Studio (some more my mom bought me). I don't know if ya'll have noticed on the last few cards I've been making I've got to where I like some white showing on my card. Just wondering do you like to do that or is it just me? We would love to have you come play along with us at Scrappy Frogs and I hope you like my take on the challenge! 

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

The Beary Scrap Design Team - emboss it (my butterflies) 
By The Cute And Girly - warm summer days
Crafty Calendar Challenge - summer with a hint of yellow

17 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Leanne, I wouldn't have known you had made a "oops" if you hadn't told me. This is just beautiful I love the sentiment. I may have to lift this one. Cute cute cute

The Memory Keeper said...

Hey sweet pea! Look at my matchbox prayer box and you can see how I put attenies on my butterflies using the MS punch. Cute card little lady! I too live in my flip flops!

Scrapin Kat said...

def livin in the flips... just hope not to flop... cute card... I have invested in a few more copics and some stamps this week- see what I come up with for holiday card making... You know I am copic certified(lol) now if I could color! You need to keep a eye on my website I have a weekly coupon and some madness coming soon...SHHH.... its a secret ... www.scrapinkats.com
The sneek peeks from Cha killing me ...

sandra tomlinson said...

this is just great, i love it, thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges and good luck xxx

Ceal said...

super cute!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow Leanne this is beautiful. Love the subtleness of this card but it has so much bang!Lol! Just wanted to say congrats on your win over at Sensational Sunday blog. Lucky you!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Leanne,
I agree here if you didn`t mention it I wouldn`t have guessed there was an oops lol
Beautiful! Love it! Thank you for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! X

Deedee Anderson said...

I can't claim to be much of a girly-girl, but I do love this beautiful card you have made, Leanne! Such cheery papers, and I *love* those embossed butterflies! That is what I would call a happy accident with your Nesties -- it looks darling with the rotated scallops and just the bit of blue peeking through! Hugs, Deedee

1CardCreator said...

What a cute card Leanne! Love the sentiment and the flip flops are so cute, cute, cute!! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

pink lady said...

Fab card - love the sentiment and the butterflies are so pretty x

Softangelkisses said...

LOVE it!

Sandy said...

This is so beautiful and the butterflies add such a gorgeous touch! I LOVE this card!!!

Hannapanna said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the cute butterflies. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs Hanna

Elise said...

Oh this is sooo wonderful! I love the colors and the design of your card! Embossing looks GREAT!!! Thank you so much for joining us in the Beary Sweet Challenge!

Hugs,
Elise

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Leanne! This is such a great card *and* sentiment! I love the embossed butterflies. :) Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan
The Beary Scrap DT

Jamie said...

This is so cute! I love the embossed butterflies and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us in our Beary Sweet Challenge!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Love this one Leanne! I'm a big fan of flip-flops myself! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...