Jun 3, 2010

Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Summer Fun Challenge

Hello everyone! Hope your week has been going great! We purchased Kyle a 4-wheeler today off of Craigs list. He's been begging for one FOREVER and we finally came across a really good deal. My hubbys sister and her husband own a MotorCross track and Kyle is wanting to get into racing (yikes!!) But after you hear what I'm fixing to tell next he may change his mind! We go pick it up a little after lunch and head home. As soon as we get it unloaded Kyle wants to try it out (naturally) He's never rode one that you have to kick start so it takes him a little while to get the hang of it. Well, he finally gets the hang of that and now has to figure out how to change gears. It kept going dead on him when he would slow down to turn around. Well, he gets down to the end of the road and sure enough it goes dead on him again but this time when he kicks it to restart, it kicked back and hit his ankle and I'm pretty sure it's broke!  Just feel sooo sorry for him. He was so excited and now this has happened! Tried to get him to go ahead and let us take him to the emergency room since the doctors office was closed but he want's to wait till in the morning when our doctor gets back in. It may be a longggg night...Anyhoo, just thought I share a tidbit of what went on here today! On to my card for Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog! Our challenge this time is a Summer Fun Challenge. Create anything card, layout, or home decor project so long it's in the Summer theme and something that's fun to do in the Summer! Ok, I know this post is getting a little long I hope you bare with me (I'm long winded tonight hee hee) I've been dreaming of going to the beach and since it looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon I thought I would try to go with some type of beach theme! I used Life's A Beach cricut cartridge for the sand bucket, scoop, beach chair, sea gulls, and crab. I hand cut some card stock for the sand and added stickles. I also decided to use Tossa from the Summer Bildmalarna Stamp club. She was surrounded by flowers which I cut off and since one of her arms was missing I cut a ice cream cone from Stretch Your Imagination cartridge and added her a hand! The stamp is a Studio G stamp. I forgot to mention that I added glossy accents to the beach chair, sand bucket, and scoop (not sure if that shows up in my picture) I'm not sure if this is one of my most favorite cards but it was fun to make! Be sure to head over to Scrappy Frogs and play along with us! We would love to have you! Also, be sure to check out what the other DT members came up with for their Summer Fun!! As always thanks for looking and stopping by my blog your comments brighten my day!!

I'm also entering this card into the "Summer Vacation Seasonal" cartridge giveaway on Canadian Nickel Scrap'n Blog. She has teamed up with Scrap Hut which is sponsoring this cartridge. For more details on this great giveaway be sure to click here and you can enter to!!

A few more challenges I'm entering in:
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Summer Delights
Delightful Sketches - texture
Everybody Art Challenge - summer
Papertake Weekly Challenge - summer fun, fun, fun

16 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this Leanne, sooooo summer gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining in my challenge! Feel free to add this to my CNS Fan Page or my new FB Friend Page! If your not a fan or friend yet, join in...and leave me another comment for another chance to win!

Really love this card!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I am so sorry for Kyle, I hope it isn't too long of a night for him.

I love your card.

Karen said...

Very nice thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Karin said...

So sorry about the ankle. The little crab on this card is just darling!

rosalien said...

Ohh, this is so lovely, you can feel the summer! Great job. :))
Thanks for playingwith DS.

Rosalien

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card Leanne.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delicious card ! Love the image, so sweet ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Farm Girl said...

Just Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Delightful Sketches & Challenges

xxx

Alex said...

Great card wonderful combination!
Thanks for joining EAC!
Hugs, Alex

Cheryl said...

Very cute and summery! I could go for a beach day!




I have something for you over on my blog. I hope you will enjoy it. :)

Bug Junkie said...

Your card is So Adorable!! Hope Kyle is doing better. We'did the race thing when my DS was nine. It was a blast, but nerve racking, too. Hope he does get to enjoy his four wheeler!

Lisa Foster said...

Awww...this is just the CUTEST!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!
Hugs,
Lisa

auntbeespickles said...

Oh My Goodness Girl! This is just adorable! Wow, all the layers and elements! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Delightful Sketches. Good luck and I hope to see your creativity again!

xosparklesxo said...

What a cute and original design!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is gorgeous! Love it.

Lolliscraps said...

Great beach card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...