Jun 16, 2010

Lindsay's Stamp Stuff - Life's Not About...

Hello peeps! Today I have a card to share with you for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. This week I used the stamp set Girl Things. As soon as I saw this chicken I new I had to use this saying (which I made on my computer). The saying also reminds me of my dear friend Sandy (Hey Sandy!) she use to use this a while back! I colored the chicken with my copics and added some stickles to her top and crown. I'm back to trying to use up my scraps so I'm not sure who the paper is by. I also cut some music notes from my cricut and added skittles. The flowers are prima flowers with a big light pink gem stone for the center and finally the polka dot ribbon is from my ribbon stash but I'm pretty sure I picked this up at Wal-Mart. Oh! before I foget I also have some exciting news that I recently discovered! We are getting a JoAnn's!!!! I am beyond thrilled! I've only been to one once and even thou I still love the Hobby Lobby we have it's so nice to have somewhere else that I can shop (well, as soon as I get some money to shop!) Ok, let's get back on topic! This card actually came together pretty quick and no hair pulling was needed (that's always a plus!) Now don't forget to head over to Lindsay's blog on Thursday she has released a new set and has also got a freebie to go with it! Thanks for looking and be sure to visit the other design team blogs to see what they have created using Lindsay's stamps this week!


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
1. The ABC Challenge - weather
2. Bee Crafty - Bloomin Marvellous
3. Bunny Zoe's Crafts - nice and girly
4. Challenge Up Your Life - critters & bling (I guess I can consider a chicken a critter in the south they are critters or varments ha ha)
5. Colour Create Challenge Blog - baby pink and pastel blue
6. Lots To Do - Birds/wings
7. Raise the Bar - sweet music

17 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I saw that saying and went, ohhhhh. That chicken is perfect with it. You are so darn talented.. I love it all. Good luck with all the challenges you are entering it in. I am sure it will be a winner.

Tamara Bennett said...

I absolutely love everything about this card! It is perfect! The sentiment is dead on!

Vladuška said...

This is really funny card. It just has to make you laugh.

crafty creations said...

What a gorgeous card with a fab sentiment

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Micki said...

oh wow, I just LOVE LOVE it. Love the chicken's color which really pops. Just awesome..... love it!

hugs

Karin said...

This is adorable! Love how the sentiment fits right in with that image and fab coloring too!

Rhonda said...

WOW!!! Fantastic...this is perfect with the quote!

Cindi said...

fantastic card!! oh..I love this
:)

Cheryl said...

Oh Leanne - I love this! All the details are perfect (especially those little music notes).

Margie said...

I love that birdie, and you colored it beautifully! Awesome card!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

I LOVE that sentiment Leanne! Fantabulous card!

Lindsay Weirich said...

A-Ma_Zing!!! I love this, what a great sentiment! You are gonna love JoAnns, they have great sales, (warning, they are hard to resist!) be sure to sign up for their mailing list so you will get the good coupons.

1CardCreator said...

I love this! I am going to have to scrap lift this one for my personal stash of cards! Great sentiment, the bird works perfectly with it! And I am opposite of you, I have a JoAnns but no Hobby Lobby! Find out where they put the Clearance bin! You can find some real steals there! Thanks for the inspiration! ~Diane

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Leanne. I love the image and the sentiment is wonderful.
Thanks for Joing us at Bunny Zoe's Challenge this month.

Hugs
Debbie x

Cathy said...

Fab weather card, great summer card.
Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Deedee Anderson said...

What a whimsical image! Love how you colored it, and the fun papers you used. Such a fun card, Leanne!

Nixe07 said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the fab colours and the great image.
Thanks for joining in the Bunny Zoe´s monthly challenge.
Hugs
Moni

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...