Apr 24, 2010

Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Happy Birthday Card!

Hey ya'll!!! How is everyone's weekend so far? The weather is HORRIBLE here and we are under a tornado watch until midnight tonight yikes!! The weather men are really predicting today that it could be a tornado outbreak and the way it looks and "feels" outside I can believe it. It just feels creepy! Anway, on to my card! I'm going to start off by saying this is a totally scraplifted, stolen, hijacked (well you get the picture hee hee) card!! I'm still in the monthly template club at Paper Wishes and this is just one of the examples that came in this months package. For some reason I just love templates! I've got a whole 3 ring binder full! I think I probably collect them more than I actually use em but for some reason I haven't been able to make myself cancel out! Sometimes I find it relaxing to pull one out and actually hand cut (I know I'm weird lol) For anyone that is interested in templates visit here for more info and if you do decide to join a monthly club I sure would appreciate you saying I sent you! This months template was really cute! It has a ice cream cone, cupcake, and a mug that can be used for hot chocolate or a sundae. Each one has a pocket tag (I used just the tag for my card) which is really cute! They also supply you with paper, brads (if project call for them). It really is a neat little club and its only $9.99 (thats with shipping) and for the paper you receive it's well worth it!! Ok, sorry to drag that out on to my card again! I made this for Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog. Our challenge was to use glossy accents on our projects. Shamefully, I didn't come up with anything earth shattering (but I never do anyway hee hee) I added glossy accents to my cherry (which was already cut out of shiny red paper that they included, had to confess that to!) This past week has been wild around here and my crafting time has suffered lol!! But even thou it was quick, simple, and stolen it still turned out to be a cute card! Oh forgot to say I did add the faux stitching which looks a little wobbly on the bottom roll and the sentiment is a studio G! Be sure to check out the other DT's projects and join us in the challenge! Hugs!!

5 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

what a delightfully delicious project. I just love the ice cream cone. I use to collect templates, but realized I didn't use them either. So I had to stop. Thanks for the link Im going to just check it out.

The Memory Keeper said...

YUMMY!

Stephanie said...

This is adorable Leanne! I get tired of the same old, same old, so templates are good to have! Hugs, Stephanie

just2ducky said...

Darling!

Cheryl said...

Fun card! I love this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...