Apr 15, 2010

Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Blog Hop!!!

Welcome to Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Blog Hop!!! Wasn't Lindsay's projects great today!! She totally inspires me!! If you happened to started here be sure to head back to Lindsay's Blog for the complete lineup. Also, this is day 3 of the blog hop and if you have missed day 1 and 2 be sure to go back to Lindsay's blog and hop thru those days to!! Each day and each person is giving away a chance to win a set of Lindsay's stamps!! Lindsay is also offering a freebie for each day over in the crop room that you don't want to miss and if your there be sure to stick around for all the great challenges, tutorials, and projects that are being posted! She is also having a 50% sale these three days at her My Grafico shop so nows a great time to stock up and also get some great ideas and inspiration on using her stamps! Here are my projects that I wanted to share with you using her Sweet Stuff digi stamp set. This is such a great set and can be used for sooo many occasions. Who doesn't like cupcakes, ice cream, and sundaes!! They make great birthday cards and just cards to let someone know they are special to you. Here is my first card using a cupcake from the set.

For this card I decided to do a little recycling and not use any pattern paper. The off white paper that is behind the image with the lines actually came from a bag of cookies (the divider). I sewed (GASP, I actually used my sewing machine hee hee) two lines one at the top and one at the bottom. I didn't sew onto my cardstock since I knew I wanted to add some ribbon (which by the way I found a whole brand new roll of this at a yardsale over the weekend for a whole whopping .25!) After I attached the ribbon I then glued it to my taupe cardstock. I used a E K Success punch for the red card stock and attached right beneath. For my image I used the cupcake with a strawberry from the Sweet Stuff set and colored with my copics. I added baby pink stickles to the icing. Once I had it colored I cut the image out and placed it upon a square that I cut with my nestibilites and embossed with my cuttlebug. I also used the nestie to cut the scallop square that is behind it. I then remembered that Lindsay had another image that had strawberries and I love being able to combine stamps I went to her Pretty Primitive stamp set and printed the strawberry jam stamp and just used the strawberries. I colored these also with my copics and then I hand cut and arranged them around my cupcake. Lastly, I added a studio G Happy Birthday stamp directly onto the cardstock.

For my last card I used the ice cream sundae that is also included in the Sweet Stuff set. I colored the image with my copics and then added glossy accents to make it look more like glass (not sure if this shows up) The paper is by My Minds Eye. The sentiment is a Studio G. I also added three skittles to the lower right hand side. This card was super quick and easy and sometimes thats what I need when I'm in a rush! Well, that's my projects for today! I'm sooo glad you hopped in and now it's time to hop to

But before you leave I have a surprise!!! Lindsay's letting me give away the Sweet Stuff set!! Yipee!!
To enter all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. If you would like a second chance just add the fan badge to your blog (must come back and leave another comment letting me know and a link to your blog). I'll pick the winner on Tuesday. Now don't forget each DT member is giving away a set so go back to Lindsay's blog and hop thru each day so you won't miss out!!

Here is the stamp set I'm giving away


Here is the fan badge to add to your blog for a second chance to win!



Dont forgot about her sale!!!


15 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

No Way, that is all "trash" how cool to recycle like that, you are my hero!

Tamara Bennett said...

Love all the texture! i never would have paid attention to the fact that you didn't use patterned paper! Looks great Leanne!

Margie said...

Oh, yummy, Leanne, these are awesome! I want a strawberry cupcake now, it looks so good! Oh well, no sweets for me right now...Back to your cards...They are fantastic!

1CardCreator said...

Just gorgeous, I love your cards! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Cheryl said...

Great projects Leanne! I love how you used recycled items and they look so awesome.

Karin said...

I love your cards with the sweet treats on them! The cupcake with all the texture is fantastic and I am a huge fan of the ice cream float image! Your coloring is great :)

scotlacey said...

Love the dimension and the colours. . . outstanding

The Memory Keeper and Daughter to the King said...

Your cards are so cool! Now you've got me hooked on Lindsey's stuff...I'm headed over there right now!

AprilsL8 said...

Cute cards! Now I'm hungry!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well you have outdone yourself again Leanne. They are just both too cute

Scrapin Kat said...

yay... Love your cards...

christyfamily said...

Super cute cards!

Micki said...

Oh I love both your cards. I love the texture and considering I used to never look at 'trash' and see the hidden potential, I totally turned into a trash to treasure junkie, lol.

Both your cards are awesome and love the color tone of them both too.

sorry I'm late, been a rough week.

hugs

Tazza said...

Great job on the cards!
I had a great time during the virtual crop... you guys should do that more often!
=D

Brenda said...

WOW awesome job Leanne!!!!
hugs
Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...