Mar 11, 2010

LSS Thursday - Best Friend

Hello and happy Thursday!!! I'm running behind again this week on my LSS card (sorry)  We have had one pretty crappy week around my house....literally our showers, toilets, sinks all backed up YUCK!! We had to call a plumber in and now everything is properly flowing again!! Anyway, I usually try to have my card ready at least by Wednesday night but I had to get up this morning and do a speedy card!! I used Lindsay's Funky Tree #1 and the bird nest from her Birds & Branches set.  Since I was in a hurry I thought this tree would be perfect to do some paper piecing. I printed the stamp out once on white card stock and then again on a piece of My Minds Eye Abby Road. I then just hand cut some more to make the grass and pop dotted the top layer. I used some ribbon from my stash and added the scallop and plain circle with a sentiment from Studio G. Very simple card but I think it kinda turned out cute! Lindsay is also having a 30% sale today thru Sunday so be sure to head on over to her shop and rack up while you can! Be sure to also check out the other DT members projects for this week and Lindsay has a freebie for you to! Thanks for looking and have a great day!!!

11 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

cute card leanne, hope you have a less crappy weekend!

~BridgetL~ said...

So sorry about your "crappy" situation this week. Glad its all fixed. Love the look of you blog :) Card is super cute too

berg4 said...

Cute card - glad everything cleaned up, now relax and enjoy yourself!

Micki said...

Oohh I love your new blog look!!!! Sigh I need to work on mine..... Hey if that is a fast/quick card, wowsers.... cuz I totally love it! Love the white base with the bright.

hugs

ljurecek said...

We've always lived out in the country and had to deal with our own septic tanks. How I envy city dwellers who can just call city services to come out and deal with that stuff! I can't believe this was a "quick" card. I just love that little bird nest in the trees. What a cute idea!

Melissa Craig said...

Leanne this is sooo pretty! So fresh looking! Great job!

Bekah said...

This turned out cute! All the demension makes it look like a lot of work!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, that happen to us a few weeks ago.. everything was backed up... glad you got it all fixed... I love the card...wish my quick cards would look like that...I absolutely love your blog... cute cute

Scrapin Kat said...

Thanks so much for helping this morning! I wished that I knew more about Cricut but I have gone silhouette instead...maybe we should pick a day to teach some CRICUT basics at the store. check your calendar for a Sat in April and invite some people...
.. your blog looks great! Call me lots of New in the store this week!

Cheryl said...

Great card! I hope your week end goes better. Good luck.

Margie said...

Love the paper piecing-that tree looks cool w/ a background!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...