Mar 17, 2010

It's LSS Day!

Hey folks! Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've had sooo much going on at home that I haven't had time to do much crafting! The plummer came back and I now think we have everything fixed (hopefully). We went and stayed with my parents till he could get here. I just couldn't deal with not being able to take baths and use the bathroom! Things have not been going on so well around here on top of all of the water issues Kyle wrecked my vehicile :(  He is truly aging me FAST!!!  It didn't total it and he didn't get hurt and I'm thankful for that but it did do damage to my X-Terra. Sooooo needless to say I've also been a little down and out. I'm trying to hold my head up but the way things have been lately I'm just waiting on the next disaster to hit! I was able yesterday to get in my craft room and make this card for LSS. I had some scraps left over from the card I made on the last post so I decided it went perfect with one of the images from Lindsay's Pretty Primative Stamp Set and I also used the circle phrase from the Doodle Flower Set. I used the png files and by using them I was able to put the sunflower w/the little bird inside the circle phrase. I printed it out twice and cut the little bird out so I could raise it up using a pop dot. I colored the image with my copics. I'm not sure if your able to tell in the photo but I did use some stickles to give it some sparkle. I used my nestibilities for the scallop and regular circles. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border and some ribbon from my stash. Everything is 30% off till midnight tomorrow night at Lindsay's My Grafico and remember for every $5 you spend you get a free stamp! Lindsay is also going to be offering a free stamp on her blog tomorrow so be sure to check that out and also don't forget to see what the other design team members have created this week. Thanks for looking and please bare with me I'm hoping I can get to where I'm posting more! Have a great Thursday! Hugs!!

11 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, I am so sorry to hear about Kyle wrecking your car. :-( But so thankful he wasn't hurt. AND so glad to hear that the plumbing problem is finally fixed. You certainly have had your plate full my friend. REMEMBER that God is in control, it may not seem like it, but HE is. AND your card is just about the cutest card I have seen, I so love it. Your coloring is just amazing. Sending you BIG HUGS

~BridgetL~ said...

Leanne what a pretty card. I like yellow black and white together and the birdie is so cute :)

ljurecek said...

Leanne, this is just gorgeous. You can definitely see the stickles and I love how it looks. The papers are perfect with that image and your coloring! I don't know how you've managed to be so creative in the midst of all the disasters, but you certainly have! Hope things get better soon!

Margie said...

Wow girl, you have certainly had your run of bad luck recently! Hopefully this is the bottom, and things will start looking up! Thankfully he wasn't hurt! Your card is gorgeous, I love all of the layering!

Cindi said...

how pretty!! that's a great layout and works very well with this cute image.
:)

Karin said...

Totally cute card! Love the sentiment around the image!

Lindsay Weirich said...

how homey Leanne! I love the contry feel. I'm sorry about your car:( You will get through it though, stay strong, craft thereapy right?

Micki said...

Boy when it rains, it pours doesn't it. Hm I think I've said that before, lo..... hang in there friend.

Your card is absolutely adorable and I love how the stickles created the texture/definition on the sunflower. Beautiful card.

Mrs. Fence said...

Wow! This is so pretty - where do I start? The layout is awesome, and the papers are so perfect with these stamps! Love the stickles, (yes, they show). :) Sorry about your car, but I'm glad Kyle is ok. Hang in there!

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear about all your problems but thank goodness your son was not hurt.

Very cute card. I love how you used the circular sentiment.

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

(((HUGS))) Leanne! I'm glad Kyle wasn't hurt - that had to be scary for you! The card is was cute - I love the layered birdie and the sunflower.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...