Mar 11, 2010

Altered Picture Frame

Hey everyone! Well, you know in my earlier post today I said that we had our clogging problem fixed now I'm not so sure...I'm washing a load of laundry and water shot up from one of our bathroom sinks! So if I was a betting person I would have to bet we are fixing to be out loads of money :(  Well on to a happier note! I wanted to share a picture frame that I altered. I got this for a $1 at Freds. I've always wanted to give it a try and when I ran across this I figured if I mess it up I'm only out a buck! I forgot to add the little metal thing in the middle so that's what is making it look like the glass is away from the paper. I added it a few minutes ago but I'm just to lazy to retake pictures!

I used the cricut to cut the flowers and leaves except the small orange one I used a scallop punch. I cut each flower in different sizes and layered them. The golden one has glimmer mist on it but you can't really tell from the picture.  I'm really digging making these flowers they are so cool!!

I also used my cricut to make this little frame and the word love. I added a heart gem just to spice things up a little! This was a really fun project and I'm really pleased how it came out! I made this to go in our bedroom to go on top of our dresser. Now I just need to find some photos to add and I will be set!! Thanks for looking and have a great night!  I'm heading to bed and praying real hard that in the morning our little problem will be gone!!!  (Pray that for me to pleassseeeee!!)

11 comments:

Vickie said...

is there a mat on the back of the picture frame? Also did you cover the whole frame with printed cardstock> I really like this idea and would like some instructions to get me started. I have alot of old frames and this would be a very good idea Thanks

Sandy from Ukiah said...

That is just so beautiful leanne... you should have taken a before and after picture.. you are really getting good at this. What cartridge did you use to cut the flowers.. just beautiful.. I am praying your 'little' problem gets resolved... :-(

ljurecek said...

I seem to only check out your LSS posts. But now that I've taken a look around, I've decided your a scrapbooking and Cricut genius!!! I love your little albums that you create and this altered frame is wonderful. I, too, love making the flowers. I usually use punches but your making me want to get that cricut humming again!

Kim said...

This turned out gorgeous! Your flowers are amazing! So sorry to hear about you h20 problems they never seem to come cheep.

Amy Jo said...

This is so lovely! Your homemade flowers are gorgeous. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Your frame is adorable! I love the colors and the flowers are awesome too! TFS!

Carol
aka cyimbugbitten

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! It will look wonderful in your room. Great project.

Josie0602 said...

That is just beautiful! I love your flowers. I keep telling myself to try doing them but havent yet.

Sandy said...

I am getting into altering a bit more lately and I love what you have done here...what a great way to display beloved photos and a wonderful piece of art as well...those flowers are to die for...love this!

~BridgetL~ said...

Gorgeous. Those flowers are amazing :)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [19 Mar 01:26pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...