Feb 26, 2010

Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog - Mini Album




Good day everyone!! Hope you are having a fantastic Friday!  I know I am! Our challenge this time on Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog was to challenge yourself to do something you normally don't do. I have really been wanting to try making a mini album using the toilet tissue roll tubes (don't know the correct name but that's what I've been calling it hee hee) Since I've seen this I have been saving our's for awhile and got a nice supply so I could have plenty in case I really got into making them! This was a real challenge for me working on something this small and making mini albums is something I really struggle with. But I have to say I had a ball and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out! I didn't write anything down when I was making it so I hope I can remember the supplies I used! On the cover I made this flower using my stamping up scallop punch and added a gem brad (which you can't see in the picture but its there!!). The leaves were punched with my Martha Stewart punch. I used my cricut for the word Family and the little frame but I'm sorry I can't remember which carts I used. I will have to start getting better on remembering this stuff!! Since I've gotten my Gyspy it seems like I don't pay much attention which cart. I'm using I just find what I want and cut!!


This page I wanted to add a picture of me and hubby on our wedding day. I used a template (Hot Off The Press) to hand cut the little file folder. I cut the wedding bands from the Sweethearts cartridge (yay!! I remembered that one hee hee) and embossed with Gold Stampin Up Embossing powder. I added a heart gem for the diamond. The rub on is from K & Co. and the flower is a prima flower.


Here I made a little fold out page. I used a Studio G stamp for the Happy Meter. I cut a heart out and ran it thru backwards so I could add some gold glitter. I then stamped the word love and attached it with some brads then glued in onto the side of the front flap.


Here is a one of the tags front and back. For the front I used a friskars punch and attached it so the little photo mat wouldn't fall out! I then added a little gem that I got at HL on clearance (love bargains hee hee) The back I stamped with a journaling stamp. I did a lot of distressing with my Tim Holtz Vintage photo.


These next two pages are probably my favorite pages! I used my cricut to cut the little envelope. I found these old postage stamp stickers in my stash and had completely forgot about them!! I found them last summer at a yard sale for 10 cents! Since I had left the first two pages for pictures of me and Winston I thought I would dedicate the next two to Kyle! The stickers worked out great! One says Pure boy and the other says All Boy. I used my cuttle bug to cut the little stamp size square and then added the sticker. On the second page I made two little photo tags. One I added a prima flower and the other one some little heart gems. The little leaf is a Martha Stewart punch. I then stamped a little piece of cardstock with a Studio G stamp and cut a G (for Garner) with my cricut. I just love the way this little page turned out!!



Here is another tag! Used a stamp to stamp the front and added some little studs! On the back is another journaling stamp.


Here are the next two pages. I used a punch for the little border on both pages. I can't remember the name of the punch :(   I made two little photo mats  and added some little flowers and brads for the center for the first page. The next one I just made one photo mat and added a skittle to the top. The photo mats I used another template to hand cut these. The chipboard tag was another thing I found in my stash that I had totally forgot about!!!! These two pages are going to be left for the third family member...our furbaby Cody!!



Here is another tag front and back. On the front I just added a little gem and on the back I stamped with a journaling stamp and over the top of it with the butterfly stamp which is embossed with embossing powder.(Good thing my old English teacher never reads my blog she would kill me for running sentences together ha ha) I went just a little to heavy with the distressing on the back but that's ok!





Ok, here is the back cover and the last tag I sure hope I haven't bored you with all the pictures!! On the back cover I used a rub on for the flourish and gem. I cut the word Adore out with my Home Decor cartridge. On the front of the tag I used another Studio G stamp and embossed with embossing powder. On the back is a journaling stamp and on the butterfly stamp it is also embossed with Gold embossing powder. That completes my first little toliet tissue tube album! I really hope you like it!! Now head on over to Scrappy Frogs and challenge yourself!!! We would love for you to play along! Thanks as always for stopping by!! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back soon with more projects!! Hugs!!

17 comments:

mae said...

Que bello!!me encanta!!cuantos detalles!!!felicitaciones!!!

Maria said...

Your mini album is lovely!!!

Thanks so much for sharing all the details.

Have a great weekend!

Dot said...

I love your album! I had never heard of making an album out of toiler paper rolls. Do you just flatten them and cover them in paper?? I am assuming the tags go inside?? I am really intrigued by this so I will have to try one of these myself. Thanks for sharing so many pictures.

shari said...

Leanne, your book is awesome! Very pretty. Sbari (cricutrookie)

~BridgetL~ said...

I love it. I have been saving my rolls to use someday and now I feel like I should get started. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Scrapsation aka Lia said...

This is simply beautiful!! Love it.

Margie said...

Wonderfully done! It's all put together so beautifully and I am so loving those colors!

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason to hang on to those rolls! that album is fabulous!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, that is just beautiful... I am still struggling to understand how you used the tolite paper rolls.. I want to try one, but don't understand where the tolite paper rolls come in...

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I looked at it again, still don't understand it, but I think you did a beautiful job on it. How big did it turn out?

Sandi Clarkson said...

Bore us, are you kidding. Leanne, this is wonderful! I'm saving my tubes but haven't done anything yet .. I'm thinking how tiny the photos would have to be ... anyway, you're keeping me inspired to give a try soon!

Sparksgal said...

Hi Leanne - How cute is that mini-album?? Love it!!! Please stop by my blog when you have a chance, I have a little something for you! Hugs, Jess

notquitemarthastewart said...

this is a really lovely mini book. thanks for sharing.

Mary Scrapbooking Grandma said...

Your Mini Album is just beautiful! I have A Beautiful Blog Award waiting for you on my blog!

Micki said...

oh wow, that is too cool. It would take me forever but what a great mini album!!!! Love it.

hugs

Cheryl said...

Leanne, this is simply amazing. Beautiful! You inspire me to try this.

peata said...

gorgeous mini!
scrapbook-crazy.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...