Feb 3, 2010

LSS Thursday - Not one but two!!!


Hey!! I can't believe it's already Thursday!! This week has just flew by! (Technically it is late Wednesday night but just go with it hee hee) Can you believe it I've got two cards to share with you today! The first card is using Lindsay's Carousel Horse image. I used my prisma pencils to color and also some inking to give it a antique look. The paper is by My Minds Eye. I used my stampin up punches for the scallop and plain circle. The little flower I cut from the My Minds Eye paper. The ribbon was just a little scrap I had in my stash so I decided to add that behind it. The sentiment is a studio g stamp.



This next card was kinda a mistake (but a happy mistake or at least I think so hee hee) I know ya'll have to remember me saying at least a gazillion times how bad I've been wanting some copics (or at least I think I've mentioned that a time or two!) Anyhoo, I'm trying my darndest to convince DH that I NEED them really, really bad and to let me use some of our tax refund to buy some (everyone please add this into your nightly prayers..say it with me Please let Leanne get copics markers she really, really wants them ha ha) Ok let me get back on track I thought I would play around with my bic markers and see if I could at least learn to do some shading using them and thus this is how this card was born! You would not believe what all colors I used on this image!! I still haven't got the shading part right yet but I had a ball seeing what happens when putting colors together! After I got thru coloring and cutting this image I decided it needed to be put in a pot so I cut out a pot using my cricut and Walk In My Garden (the tools also came from this cartridge)I used my cuttlebug to emboss and then added a little strip of lace. I made the sentiment on my computer not sure if you can see it in the picture but it says A Mothers Love Never Stops Growing. I don't know who the paper is by it came in a kit that I receive every other month with the templates from Paper Wishes. The name of the image I used is Oriental Poppy by Lindsay. Just a reminder Lindsay has a on going sale for every $5 you spend you get a free digi stamp and be sure to check her shop out she's always adding new images and you don't want to miss them! Be sure to check out all my other DT buddies to see what they have designed for you this week (but remember their posts won't show up till in the morning) and leave them some love they are a bunch of great ladies and I love being on the DT with them! Hugs!!! P.S. I love comments to!!!


10 comments:

Sandy said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah.....what fun creations you have today....I really adore the vintage feel of the 1st card...just wonderful! The flower looks like you could pic it right off the page...gorgeous! Both are Beautimus!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh wow! Leanne these cards are absolutely amazing! I love the carousel horse - holy cow!! Absolutely beautiful.

Karin said...

The colors on the carousel card are beautiful!

Margie said...

Beautiful job on both cards!Love them!

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards Leanne!!! I will be praying for both of us to get them...why do they have to be sooo high priced!
hugs
Brenda

Lindsay Weirich said...

Both cards are wonderfulful but man, that first one, the vintage colors WOW! It is like I stepped back in time to an old carnival, I love it!

Cindi said...

what lovely cards!! they are both just super. I like the shading on your flower, I think it looks great
:)

Cheryl said...

Leanne, you are so stinkin' creative (and I loved reading your post). First of all, I love the carousel horse. It is so lovely. Second, I love your coloring on the 2nd card. I have been messing around with Bics to but my images do not look so good. I will keep my fingers crossed for you getting some copics. :)

Tamara Bennett said...

haha! Leanne you crack me up! I was definately chanting it for you! haha. Love the cards! Both of them are stunning! You did an awesome job shading on the poppy!

ljurecek said...

I love the antique look of your carousel card. So many great touches turned this into an absolutely beautiful project! But since I'm really longing for spring, that 2nd card gets me right in the heart. Those little garden tools are sooooo cute!And your coloring is great. That's how I started out with bics and sharpies, but now I've got more copics than I can count. Love em!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...