Jan 2, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years!! Sketchy Thursdays Second Chance Challenge


I'm a little late on wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! But I guess it's better late than never at all huh? I just want to start off by thanking everyone for all the emails and prayers I have received. I love you all very dearly and I am so blessed to have so many online friends. I wish one day I could meet each and every one of you in person.  This post may be a little long since I have so much to update you on! For the ones that know our situation with our son I would like to say thank you for all the prayers God is truly great everything has been dropped and things are going lots better! I still would love for you to continue to pray for him he will be turning 16 in February and will be driving and that is scaring me to death just to think about it! Just pray that God will protect him and keep him safe!! I know that many people have went thru this or are going thru it so you understand my concerns! Oh my the teenage years are soooo difficult!! My dad is still not doing so great. He does have some good days but mostly now it's really hard having a conversation with him. They have found a amurisium (don't know how to spell) in his chest and we are going Monday to the Surgeon to see what they are going to do. Please, please continue to pray for my dad! Mom asked him what his New Years Resolution was and he said just to make it another year and that broke my heart because I want that also. Matter of fact I don't want to ever lose him. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We usually just have my parents, my brother, me & my husband & son but this year my Aunt (my mom's sister and shhh don't tell probably my favorite Aunt hee hee) and her family joined us. Which made it a pretty big get together! Christmas was good. My hubbies Christmas bonus got cut (wayyyy cut) so we really had to watch our money but it still turned out to be a wonderful Christmas. Christmas is not all about money and presents anyway it's about the birth of Jesus and sometimes it's really bad but we get caught up and forget the true meaning of Christmas. Well, that's caught me up to New Years and there's not alot to tell we went to one of my best friends house. Her daughter got a I-Pod touch for Christmas and we spent all night trying to get it to work!! Which by the way we didn't have any luck! Kyle (my son) got one also and his was a breeze to set up but her's was a nightmare!!! But today my friend called and let me know after talking to Apple half the day today it is now up and going yay!! Oh I forgot to add that my brother got married this past Wednesday and I have a new Sister In Law!!! I'm hoping that me and her really get close and that one day we will seem like sisters instead of sister in laws!! Well, this was just some of the stuff going on in my family. There's been def. some drama with my ex-sister in law but that would take me days to type! I need to sit down and write it all down and sell it to a Soap Opera. I'm sure it would get you hooked after the first episode! Hmmm that's a idea....my favorite Soap As the World Turns will be going off next Sept. maybe they could replace it with our version! Again, I want to say thanks to everyone and I'm so glad no one dropped from following me. I still have alot going on but I am now going to try my best to get back to something I love soooo much! Here is a card I made today. I used the sketch from the Sketchy Thursday Second Chance Challenge as my inspiration. (I love their sketches!) I used Mini Mongrams for the scallop circle and the circle that I ran the ribbon thru. I Heart U is also from that cart. The small hearts are Martha Stewart punches. I stamped the flourishes in staz on black and in red. I added star dust stickles to the hearts and the little dots to add some sparkle. It's been forever since I've created anything and feel like I really need help getting back in to the swing of things! I really hope you like it! Oh I also forgot to add please pray for me also. I have chrons disease and haven't been doing well. I've got to make me a appt. with my Chron's dr (he's about two hours away) but waiting to see what is going to happen with daddy 1st.
Love,
 

10 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So good to see you back Leanne and so glad to hear things are going better for you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers... Love your card. Very pretty.

~BridgetL~ said...

I hope things are better for you this yr. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. I agree with Sandy very pretty card. :)

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Hi Leanne, good to see you back and that things are looking better. Your card is beautiful, love the colours.

Happy New Year

hugs
Kaye x

Sandy said...

Hey Hey Hey....so good to have you back...Sounds like your holidays were good...spent with family....Mcauley just got his instruction permit...he is 14 so that means he can now drive with an adult in the car....I'm with you...not sure if I'm ready for it...My prayers to you family...especially your dad....you have such a sweet spirit...I know God will comfort you and yours during the rough times....Oh...love the card by the way...really beautiful....look forward to seeing more of your lovely work...hugs

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leanne, so glad you're back! Will keep those prayers going up for you though. Sounds like you still have alot on your plate. Gorgeous card. Please take care .. that's utmost.

Scrapin Kat said...

So Glad you have made it back! O finished the move today so we are at 1628 Second ave Sw in Cullman What a BIG JOB... Hope all goes well with your dad.. your card is cute.. I hope to actually finish some things this year! Take care,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Stacy Milford said...

Your card is super cute..perfect for a special Valentine :o) Good luck in the 2nd chance challenge!

Heidi said...

Wow Leanne! I'm so glad you are inspired by our sketches and were able to get back to creating again! You're such a sweet lady!!! Thanks for playing along with us. - Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...