Nov 1, 2009

Practical Scrappers Challenge



Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I know we did! Me and my husband enjoyed seeing all the little one's dressed in their spooky costumes! This is one of my hubbies favorite holidays! He loves passing out candy to the kiddies! This week over at Practical Scrappers we are doing our first ever triple challenge with Frosted Designs and Stuck On U Sketches! Our challenge at Practical Scrappers is using three ribbons. I have been wanting to try two different techniques for quite a while with ribbon so this challenge was fun for me! I made the flower with ribbon. First start off by cutting a piece of ribbion 3/4 inch wide and 12 inches long. Divide this strip into 4 seperate 3 inch pieces. Then cut another strip 1/2 wide and 10 inches long. Divide this strip into 4 seperate 2 1/2 inch strips. Layers the strips on top of one another with the smaller on top of the larger strips. Then tack together with needle and thread and add button. For the ribbon around the frame I used my zip dry glue to do the scrunching technique. For the third ribbon nothing fancy just tied it around my photo! I made this layout before my Gyspy died on me so I used the following cartridges Gyspy Font, Gyspy Wanderings, and Storybook. The paper is by Crate. This is a photo of my mom when she was a little girl. I love this picture of her! Be sure to head over and check out the details for the challenge! I know that each blog will be giving away a prize so head on over and join in on the fun!! Also, our new DT members have been announced so be sure to leave them some love and learn a little about them! Thanks for looking and any comments are appreciated!

4 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Great lo Leanne... most everyone seems to love their gypsy... so sad yours died

Sandy said...

Love your flower and your little bird...the whole layout is stunning...wonderful work Leanne...so sorry about your gypsy!

Crystal said...

wow! this is simply stunning leanne! you did an AMAZING job on this layout! all the details are so perfect! i love everything about it...and the birdie is adorable too! big hugs!

pezadoodle said...

great LO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...