Oct 19, 2009

Practical Scrappers Office Supply Challenge

Hey ya'll! Happy Monday!! This weeks challenge over at Practical Scrappers is Office Supplies. You can use paper clips, staples, notebook paper (which I used), brads, eyelets etc....I had one piece of this notebook paper that I had bought from HL along time ago and forgot I had it and I also got to use a punch that I purchased and have never used (go me!!) The punch is a EK Success punch (not sure of the name but it looks like paper that has been torned from a spiral notebook) The paper is by K&Company and I found the paper stack on clearance this weekend for $4.00 at HL (go me again!!) I used the Gyspy and Gyspy Wanderings to cut the shape of the girl and boy (added a fabric flower w/rhinestone on the ponytail and a little gem on the boy) The butterfly, flower and leaves I have had made but not used. I have a pile of things I've made for projects and then they don't work for one reason or another! I throw nothing away!! The butterfly was stamped twice and glue dotted together and the flower has pop dots in between. My DH laughed when he seen me working on this layout! He said we (my brother and me) were some homely (not sure of the spelling)) looking kids in this picture and I totally agree! Bless mother she loved us anyway! I called her after I got thru to help me with the journaling (which she still couldn't tell me how old we were) but she was able to give me a little info. I can't say we were dirt poor when I was little but I know things were hard back then for them. My dress in this picture was made from scraps from one of my grandmothers dress she had made (sure wished I had a picture of her in her dress wouldn't that be neat). This was our Easter outfits. Mother said I had alot of my clothes hand sewed for me when I was little! I don't know if I mention this enough but I have GREAT parents! We are soooo close and I love them dearly! I could really get mushy talking about them but I will spare you (this time hee hee) Be sure to come play along at Practical Scrappers and also check out what the other DT members used for their office supply challenge! Thanks for looking!! Have a great week!

7 comments:

Tamara Bennett said...

Haha! your hubby cracks me up! I love this layout! You did a fantastic job! I love how you guys were wearing matching outfits! So cute!

HazelQ said...

Cute layout! I love the butterfly :)
Hugs
Hazel

Kim said...

Leanne, your layout is perfect. I love your soft colors and this sheet of notebook paper is just the right touch on your layout! Welcome to our family at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

~BridgetL~ said...

Beautiful layout :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Leanne, this is just aweome. Couldn't be any better. Hey, I had lots of those handmade garments myself and still love the hands that made them! Great memories!

Chrissy C said...

Beautiful layout! Those butterflys are precious!

Crystal said...

gorgeous layout! love the tattered edges! so perfect! hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...