Sep 4, 2009

One Day...

Hey! Well, I've been wanting to do a layout forever and just have completely lost my mojo!
I can't tell you how many times I've walked in my craft room turned the lights on looked around and flipped them back off! But I finally sat down this evening and with the help of 52 Sketches...52 Weeks I was able to put something together. This is this weeks sketch and as soon as I seen it I knew I wanted to try it! I know it's probably not to cool to have a big old flower on a boys layout but I had it made and it matched so I went with it! The flower is actually made from a bunch of different sizes of hearts cut from Plantin Schoolbook and mod podge applied to give it a glossy look. I finally am a proud owner of SCAL and I used one of the fonts on my computer for One Day. I've got so much to learn about SCAL so it will probably be awhile before I master any major cuts! The button is from my stash and I just stamped K (for Kyle) in staz on ink. The paper is by My Minds Eye (love their paper!!) The beads are just some I had picked up at a yard sale over the summer (gotta love those bargains!!) Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

9 comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

Oh lucky you, you got SCAL I want that so bad, but will wait till Xmas to get it. I love the layout even with the big flower. Goes perfect.

Tamara Bennett said...

Haha! I love the shield with the saying! It totally fits his expression! haha!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Leanne, I don't think your mojo went anywhere... what an adorable layout.. and I hope you enjoy SCAL.. I got it, but returned it, I was having so many problems with it. (might have been they had just done a update on it and I think lots of people were having problems)...

Christina said...

Leanne, What a great LO. Your colors are wonderful and I love it. Enjoy SCAL. I have it but never use it. I just bought a pack of My Minds Eye paper today. Can't wait to play.

Kathy Wittlock said...

I love the layout - A little behind? you bought that last month...lol.. I am not sure I can handle scal.. I am lovin the slice..

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

I think a few of us have lost our mojo at the moment, hopefully we will be back to full creativity very soon. Having said that, I think you have done a fab job on this layout and your mojo doesn't seem to be lost at all, the colours are just perfect.

hugs
Kaye x

Sandy said...

Oh Leanne...I love this...everything you do is so well put together...someday I wanna be like you...you do such great boy pages too! LOVE IT! thanx for the blog love your support means so much to me~

Tracey said...

I hate when my mojo takes a holiday! Glad to see you found some of yours. This layout is fantastic!!

Crystal said...

girl, this is gorgeous and that flower just rocks! i love it! i also love mme products too! they are always so fab! nothing wrong with using a flower on a guy's layout either! i do it all the time too! sorry i didn't get to call you this weekend! didn't make a lot of plans, but ended with them anyway at the last minute...from birthday parties, to friends coming over, to going to the in laws. ended up being wonderful weekend though! sometimes the best plans are the ones you weren't expecting! maybe i can give ya a shout tonight if it is not too crazy! love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...