Aug 19, 2009

This week for Lindsay's Stamp & Stuff I used her new cattails #2 and elegant dragonfly for my images. Lindsay has added some more new digi stamps to her shop! If you have never checked out her store before click here but beware your going to fall in love with her digital stamps! Both of the stamps I used are just $1 each and for every $5 you spend you get a free stamp!! For my card I printed out the cattails on blue card stock then colored with my prisma pencils. I used my nesties to cut the oval.I printed the dragonfly out on regular white card stock and colored also with my prisma pencils. I cut the scallop oval out from the Alphalicious cartridge (had to stretch it some in DS). I then pop dotted my dragonfly. The pattern paper is by My Mind's Eye and was a scrap from my stash (one of those oops I screwed up kind of things!) I learned a new technique from 52 Sketches...52 Weeks that I absolutely love! You know I've been messing around with paper bags lately (don't know I might be getting addicted to these things hee hee) Anyway, I ran across a tutorial for making your own vine from paper bags! It's really simple! Take a paper bag and cut down the side and remove the bottom. Then take the bag and crumple it up really good. Cut into 3" strips. Take a strip and flaten out (not completely because you still want the crumpled look) take your ink and ink one side. I used my sadle brown staz on and Tim Holtz vintage photo. After you have inked turn it over and apply a thin coat of mod podge. Take the strip and then twist, after twisted apply a coat of mod podge all over. Really simple and I love the look of it! I cut some leafs with my cuttle bug. I just took a scrap piece of the paper bag and crumpled and inked before running it thru my cuttlebug. I then added some prisma flowers with buttons from my stash. I hope these directions make sense! If not email me and I will try to explain better! Be sure to check out who has the freebie this week! Click here to the DT's link. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hugs!!

12 comments:

Chrissy C said...

WOW! That's really beautiful! Love the paper bag vines!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Stunning card Leanne, love the vines, what a great technique, may have to try that one.

hugs
Kaye x

Melissa Craig said...

Leanne this is gorgeous! Love it, love it!!

Margie said...

Beautiful card! Love the textures and shapes!

Tamara Bennett said...

So pretty! I love the 3D elements! It makes those cattails come to life! Beautiful work! I also love that little puppy valentine! He's precious!

Kim Nath said...

That is so gorgeous! Love the paper bag vine technique, I may need help though lol.

Lindsay Weirich said...

beautiful! Love the shape and paper bag vine!

Crystal said...

OMG Leanne! you just keep getting more amazing! this is fantastic! sooooo gorgeous and the detail is fab! you are so uber talented girl! hugs!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So beautiful... I love everything.

~BridgetL~ said...

Wow is an understatement. I LOVE IT!

Mrs. Fence said...

Leanne, this card is just lovely! Your directions do make sense, and I think I know what I'm going to do with my paper bag stash now!

ljurecek said...

Holy Cow! That's amazing! Your leaves are to die for gorgeous! I just love all the dimension this card has.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...