Aug 18, 2009

Doggie Card Using A Paper Bag!


I know, I know it's not Valentines Day yet!! I found the coolest book this weekend at Scrapin Kats called The Paper Bag Book by Brenda Hollister and Friends. It has different ways of making cards, books, and layouts using a paper sack. Well, that's where my inspiration for this card came from! In the end it just came out looking like a Valentine's Day card (so anybody that really likes this could get a head start hee hee) This was a real simple card and didn't take no time to finish.
Directions for paper bag: My paper bag that I used is 5 1/8 X 3 1/8 X 10 3/4". Take bottom flap and fold up to the desired length and glue the flap down. The card pulls out from the top of the paper bag.
(I apologize I don't have the link where I found the pattern for the dog but if it turns out to be yours let me know and I will give you FULL credit) I used George and Basic Shapes to cut the Pieces.
Directions: Cut 1 oval in white size 4" (cut in half) and use for head
Cut 2 ovals in white size 3" and use for jaw's
Cut 2 ovals in black size 3/4" and use for eyes
Cut 1 oval in black size 1 1/2" and use for nose
Cut 2 ovals in black size 4" and use for ears
Cut 1 oval in white size 4" (cut in half) and use for paws
Cut 1 CIRCLE in red size 3/4" and use for tongue
I inked the edges in brown and also used my Stampin Up chalk to add some grey shadowing. I used a white gel pen for the eyes and nose and a martha stewart pen for the freckles.
For the card I cut a white piece of card stock to 5 X 6 1/4th. I used a studio G stamp for the sentiment and the heart is also a Studio G stamp. I then took my Stampin Up punch and punched a circle to adhere at top. I used my MS bow punch and glued on top (to give my doggie a bow). Again, this is a super easy card to make and actually was really fun! You probably will see me using more paper bags for my cards because this book gave me tons of ideas!!! Hope you like! Any comments are greatly appreciated!!!

10 comments:

Christina said...

That is so cute. TFS.
Christina

~BridgetL~ said...

I wuf this card. Its super cute.

Brenda said...

OMGOSH!!!This is sooo adorable looks like my lil Joy!!!I LOVE this!!!awwww
hugs
Brenda

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love it.. I am going to copy the directions and put them somewhere safe so that when I try to find them I won't be able to. lol

Scrapin Kat said...

Thats no fair! I haven't even looked at the book! Keep Scrapin thought any more about the bling?

Chrissy C said...

Oh my goodness he just melts your heart! He's adorable! I have to check out that book!

Saskia said...

Oooh.... really cute!!!

Saskia :)

Sandy said...

just the cutest...Leanne...you are soooo creative...love it!

Crystal said...

this just rocks leanne! super creative and i am sooooo gonna scraplift it! hugs!

Brenda said...

How funny that I came across your blog as I am the author of the book you are referring to. Glad to hear that you are enjoying it and I still am addicted to paper bag cards, I can never get enough of them or tire of new folds. Have fun!
Brenda Hollister

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...