Jul 22, 2009

Lindsay's Stamp Stuff DT - Strawberry Jam

Can you believe I'm actually posting two x's in one day! This don't happen very often!! For this card I used Lindsay's Strawberry Jam digi stamp and colored with my prisma pencils. I have a funny story I would like to share about making this card! I found this saying "Life's Receipe" in one of my cookbooks one day when I was searching for something new to try. I thought it would look pretty cool if I burnt the edges to give it the vintage look. Well, let me tell you I can't tell you how many times I had to print this before I got it right! The first few tries it would burn maybe a letter or so out of a word, one time I was just about to do it right and the neighbor went by and blew the horn I looked up and waved and when I looked back down poof it was just about burnt up!! I had another neighbor across the street looking at me kinda strange like I was burning some kind of secret notes or receipts I didn't want no one to see! I'd love to know what he told his wife when she got home hee hee!! But finally I did it!! I had to hand cut the wooden spoon and fork (yes that's what they are if you couldn't tell ha ha!) that was a challenge all by itself! I forgot to mention I used mod podge over my image to give it a shine. I love this digi stamp of Lindsay's and it's only $1! She still has a special going till the end of July for every $5 you spend you get a free stamp so hurry before you miss out! Be sure to check out the other DT's blog's and see which one has the freebie for the week!! Click "here" for the link to everyone's blog!!


21 comments:

ashjoy said...

Very sweet!

~BridgetL~ said...

Oh WOW! Your page is amazing. Love your story.

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!!!!

Saskia :)

Brenda said...

Leanne this is amazing! Do you mind if I lift the "recipe"? I have been wanting to do recipe books for my nieces and son and this would be the perfect opening page.
Thanks for inspiring me!
hugs
Brenda

Tamara Bennett said...

That looks delicious! You did a wonderful job coloring it! I love this!

Lindsay Weirich said...

Wat a sweet card Leanne, I love the saying on the front, I'm sure many (including me) will case this card!

Lindsay Weirich said...

Beautiful card!

Kim Nath said...

Funny story. Gorgeous card and your perseverance paid off the burned edges looks so nice. Love the recipe and your "wooden" utensils too!

Erin... said...

beautiful!!! lovely recipe as well.

Crystal said...

you have blown me away with this card! i think it is STUNNING! i love everything about it and can tell what hard work you put into it! it is amazing leanne! big hugs!

paperscissorspaintcreate said...

Oh my goodness this is just awesome. I love it! so so cute the wooden spoon and fork just adds so much too.

ljurecek said...

Leanne, that looks so good! I love how the colored image turned out. Did you color the jar on colored CS with your pencils? The color is so rich and intense. LOVE IT!

www.scrapinkats.com said...

Those are great! Don't you want to come teach at Scrapin Kats in Cullman?
I can use all the help I Can get...
FYI please let all know that I am having a PAPER Blowout July 27- Aug 1
40% all Single sheets of Paper _ I have to make space for New from CHA...
Also tell your husband the RC hobby Shop In cullman is closing and having a sell... if you get a chanceI want to talk to you about website stuff...2567370900

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, that is the cutest card..I too hope you don't mind if I scrap lift it... Totally AWESOME, you have outdone yourself.

Mrs. Fence said...

Oh, my! I'm glad you didn't have to call the fire department! I absolutely love your project! I would love to lift your "recipe"!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh Leanne - this is just lovely! It's so homey and warm. I love that recipe. Wise words.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Leanne! Love this!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Leanne! Love this!!

Katt said...

That is the most beautiful recipe card ever!

Margie said...

This is so yummy!FANTASTIC JOB!

Enfys said...

Fabulous! love the story too. Have a great weekend,
luv
En xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...