Jun 26, 2009

Shhhh.....Don't tell!!


I'm a few days early on posting this!! Here is my challenge card for SSPT. The challenge this time was to create something using the colors yellow and black. Well, let me tell you I had one heck of a time coming up with something!! I have cut up just about all my black cardstock and there's yellow paper everywhere!! I had done told my husband that I was giving up that this would be the first challenge I just couldn't do (you know he was just as upset as I was NOT!) But I was saved!!! I found this butterfly by Lindsay and knew right away that I wanted to use it! I'm loving her digi stamps! Click here for her website and also just a reminder now thru the end of the month if you spend $10 you get a free card kit! I colored the butterfly with my prisma pencils and then I coated it with mod podge to give it a shine. I added a prima flower and a button from my stash for the center and used floss to tie a bow. The sentiment I'm sure you are all getting pretty tired of hee hee. I have used it on several of my cards! Again, I'm sorry I posted early! I was just so excited that I actually finished it that I wanted to share! I can't wait to see the other DT members take on the challenge so head over to the SSPT blog on the 30th and play along!! Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

16 comments:

Tamara Bennett said...

That is so beautiful! I love the colors! I wouldn't have thought that color combo would be so stunning! I haven't tried that stamp yet, but now I think I might! Gorgeous!

Margie said...

Lovely card!Glad to have you on the team!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

thefrugalcrafter said...

Oh wow Leanne! I love this, you made my stamp look fantastic and the colors suit you!

Chrissy C said...

Well for having a hard time you truely rocked the challenge! That butterfly is adorable!

I have mine finished and I'm dying to post it. Maybe later today...shhhh!

Kim Nath said...

I am glad you kept at it this turned out gorgeous! Welcome to the team and I know what you mean about husbands, they just don't get it LOL.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow that is just breath taking.. and I love the senitment... Awesome care.

Katt said...

Love it! I starting playing with that stamp yesterday, and after seeing this I am inspired!

Steph said...

Beautiful! Great job!

~BridgetL~ said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I really love the yellow black combo and stamp is great.

Brenda said...

WOW Leanne!!! I LOVE how it turned out!!! Beautifly done girl!
hugs
Brenda

Crystal said...

Absolutely gorgeous! My mouth just dropped open when I seen the card! It is so stunning and I love everything about it! You definitely outdid yourself this time. WOW!!!

Crystal said...

Oooohhh!!! I just realized I have that same yellow paper at home! Okay, may totally have to scraplift your basic idea because this card simply rocks on so many levels!

Mrs. Fence said...

Wow Leanne!!!! That's just gorgeous!!! Welcome to the DT. Glad to have you with us!

DEBORAH said...

Wow, you did this challenge justice! Your card is beautiful.

Kathy Wittlock said...

hi, I am almost back to Alabama Scrapin Kats Scrapbooking in Cullman will reopen on Wednesday with a Christmas in July Sale all Christmas products will be 50% off , I have a great new Scrapbook Girls book Club kit on the way... a monthly ideal book and 2 kits , I have a ton of glimmermist that should be in this week, I had a great trip to Colorado, I think I went to 9 scrapbook stores along the way one more to stop at tmor
You can find out more about me at www.scrapinkats.com or on face book scrapin kats scrapbook store- If you are in cullman stop by and visit!
have a great day
Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...