Jun 8, 2009

Challenge 18 Whimsical Scraps & Bugs DT

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I'm still just trying to get over the blahs. I haven't been online to much but I do plan on making some time to catch up on everyone's blogs. This is a card I've made for challenge 18 over at Whimsical Scraps & Bugs. Be sure to check out all the other fabulous cards the other DT members have made. For this challenge we were to use Mojo Monday sketch #88 (there's a pic of it over on the blog to!) and make a masculine card using our cricut. I looked thru all my cart. trying to find something that would remind me of my dad. I came across these boots off of Camp Out and knew immediately thats what I wanted to use. I guess you might be thinking boots, why boots?? But there is a couple of reasons why. To me they represent how hard my dad worked all my life to provide for me, my brother, and mom. He had a full time job at a plant (Reynolds Aluminum) and also farmed. So he would work all day and come straight in and head out to the fields and work till way past my bedtime. Even thou he worked hard and long he still made time for us to. The other reason is well I thought how no one could ever replace my daddy or fill his shoes. He is the best dad ever! Thanks for looking and I hope you like it! I would love to get your feedback!

13 comments:

Scrapn Rme Yf said...

Love the card. Perfect for Father's Day.

Magoo said...

This card is fantastic, the colours are perfect. I just love how you decided on the boots, what a wonderful thought! Made me smile when I read why you chose them....he will love this!

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

Oh this is so cute!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I just love it... you did a super job on it Leanne. I am so sorry you are having the blahs... sendig you a big [[[[[[[hug]]]]]]]

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love it so much I hope you don't mind it I scap lift it.

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

So very cute!!!

Chrissy C said...

Really cool card. I'm sure he will treasure it! I loved the story behind it tooo!

Rachel said...

Love your card!

Whimsical Scraps and Bugs Design Team said...

this is a fabulous card, leanne! i love the meaning behind the boots and i think you just did a fantastic job! you rock, girl!

Lelia said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW! How sweet Leanne. I feel just the same about my Dad. Great job on the card! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Amy said...

Great card and I love the tribute you wrote about your father. It's hard to make masculine cards but you nailed this one!

KreatesKards said...

What a fantastic card for father's day. The colors really are nice.

Sonia Kertznus said...

WOW! this is a great masculine card... love it... HUGS...SK :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...