May 7, 2009

Design Team Challenges & Mother's Day Gifts!!


This week has been a little hectic for me and trying to squeeze in challenges and Mother's Day gifts I've decided to use my gifts for the challenges (hope that makes sense!) The first clock is for my mom and I'm going to use it as my challenge for Whimsical Scraps & Bugs! The challenge this time was to create a card, layout, or alter item that showcases why you scrap. Their is many reasons why I got hooked on this hobby but I guess if I had to pick the main one it would be for my son. Not that he cares right now but later on down the road I think it will be something he can cherish long after I'm gone. For this clock which if I would have had room I probably would have titled it "If I Could Stop Time" but since I didn't I went with Adore because that is how we feel when we think of Kyle! I bought my clocks from Fred's (not the ones from Wal-Mart) I used George, Calligraphy, Home Decor, and Storybook for all my cuts. I added some stickles in the center of the flowers. This is actually the second clock I altered and my favorite one. I wouldn't near as nervous as I was on the first one!! The second clock I'm using for my Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog project. Our challenge this time was to create anything round (that's how the clock idea got started hee hee) I used the same cartridges as the first clock except the flower is a template from Hot Off the Press with a brad in the center! I'm giving this clock to my mother in law. Be sure to check out both Whimsical Scraps & Bugs & Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog to see what all the other great design team members come up with. Let me know what you think and if you think I should just buy them something instead!!

8 comments:

Scrappindad said...

The clocks look great Leanne! I tried to do one before but then the clock didn't work right afterword. I've never gotten back to trying another one.

I should do that again.

~BridgetL~ said...

I love your clocks. What a special gift to give someone. I need to try making one maybe for my mom with the grandkids. TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, they turned out so nice, don't even think about buying them something else... how special this is.

Susan said...

Beautiful clock! What a great idea for a Mother's Day gift!

Britten said...

Oh those look great! And a fabulous idea for Mother's Day too!

I LOVE that bird in the second clock! I never even noticed it on Home Decor before. I can't wait to have a reason to use it! I love those flourishes from HD too!

Magoo said...

those are fantastic!! what a great gift and idea!!! This must have taken some time...I love that little birdie!!! :) hugs!

Sheri said...

Gosh...Leanne, I'm pretty thrilled I don't have to pick a favorite. They are both precious! I wish I could stop time too..LOL

Crystal said...

i am a little late in saying so, but i just loved what you did with this WSB challenge! your clock is amazing and i can't wait to try my own! your ideas are always great and i am always so excited to see what you are going to do next! you rock, girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...