Apr 10, 2009

Southern Girl Whimsical Scraps & Bugs DT Challenge




Can you believe I'm posting two things in ONE day!! Don't happen very often but I wanted to go ahead and get my layout up that I did for the Whimsical Scraps & Bugs challenge. When I first saw what the challenge was this time I thought to myself Oh No!! I hate pictures of myself and trust me when I say there is not many laying around. I'm the one that's behind the camera taking the pictures, never the one getting a picture taken of me. Which I know I need to get better so when the day comes that I'm no longer around Kyle will have something to remember me by. This picture I used in the layout is on one of our camping trips not the best but more recent! So started thnkin about who I am for the challenge and for the ones that have actually spoke to me over the phone and know me this title fits me well!! I'm just a plain old Southern Girl been brought up on Southern values. Nothing fancy about me (didn't say that I didn't like fancy things because I do!!) I love to fish probably more than any man I know. I like to camp (hate the bugs!!) I was brought up in a Christian home with parents that loved me dearly and spoiled me rotten! I live in Alabama what some call the Bible Belt. I go to a Baptist Church and try hard every day to live the way that is pleasing to God. I was taught strong family and moral values and trying to pass them on to my son. I could go on and on but in a nutshell I'm just a Southern Girl and proud to be from the South!! The only thing I'm really going to tell about on the layout is the pocket..I hand cut and sewed it!!! So proud of myself (not good with the sewing machine at all!!) Thanks to Crystal for giving us this challenge! For one that I believed I would not like it has turned out to be my favorite this far!! Thanks for looking and any comments would be appreciated!!

5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, I love reading about you.. What a lovely person you are. Thanks for always commenting on my blog. And your card is just too awesome.. you did a super job...

I tried looking for the inchies punch, but have no clue what I am looking for. I didn't see any punches that said "inchies" on it...oh well.

Crystal said...

That is sooo super cute, Leanne! I love it! I still haven't finished mine and now I really feel a lot of pressure. I just adore the title and the cart you used, as well as the black die cut paper! Sooooo gooood!!

Scrappindad said...

Darling layout!! I love it. I especially love the top note shape. I really need to use that sometime soon!

Chrissy C said...

Great Layout! I love the pocket!
It was so great to read a little about you to get to know one of my fellow team mates I little better!

thefrugalcrafter said...

Great LO, I just read your "about me" wow only into scrapping since THIS February? or even a year ago, still great designing skills, I can see why you made those DTs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...