Apr 18, 2009

Many Thanks! Alcohol Inks...


I'm in my scrap room playing some today and decided to try a technique that I ran across. I only have 3 bottles of Airondack alcohol ink that my friend Tammy gave me (Thanks Tammy!!) but after playing with it I can defintely say it's on my wish list now!! Today is the first day I've got brave enough to play with it or know what to do with it! So here's the technique...take some baby wipes and fold them with the crease down onto a paper plate. I used cranberry and lettuce and dropped some drops randomly onto my baby wipes (close together). After that I just used a clear stamp and used it just like a ink pad. So simple!! I really didn't know what direction I was heading when I started this card just took my flower stamp and just kinda went with it! I stamped the background paper then I took some ink and inked the edge. I then decided to get my chalk and lightly go over the whole background. After that I took a sponge and lightly bounced around with some of the olive green ink that I inked the edges with. I then took my stamp and stamped three flowers onto some cardstock and used a q tip and ink to make some stems. I used skittles for the center of the flowers. I tied a bow using some ribbon from my stash. The sentiment is a studio G stamp. I thinked it turned out ok for the first try! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!! (forgot to add that on the background I used stickles for the centers of the flowers!!)

7 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leanne, that turned out just gorgeous. I would be scared to death to try something like that.

The Memory Keeper said...

How pretty is that! I knew you could do it! Leave it to Leanne to come up with a great idea! Glad you go your MOJO back!

~BridgetL~ said...

Your card turned out beautiful.

Chrissy C said...

Holy moly this is awesome! I agree with Sandy. I would be scared to death to try that. Way to go!

~Amy~ said...

Wow!! Very nice. TFS. I love your work!

Crystal said...

So pretty! I have wanted to try alcohol inks for the longest but am so afraid too! I am telling you...I am going to have to make a summer road trip to see you so you can teach me all these wonderful techniques! HEHEHEH

Tammy said...

So I'm behind on checking blogs....Leanne this card is BEAUTIFUL!! So glad you have found a use for the alcohol inks....and inspired me to play with mine this weekend too! :) Miss ya girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...