Mar 13, 2009

Challenge 12 - St.Patricks Day card


The design teams challenge this week was to make a non traditional St. Patricks Day card using our cricut and the color green. I know this sounds bad but we (our family) has never really celebrated St. Patty's day so I had a hard time coming up with non traditional ideals!! I just went thru my stash and pulled out everything I thought could work and went from there! The horse shoe, pot of gold, and clovers are from the PDDU cart and the stamp and sentiment are from studio g. I used gold stickles to make the gold in the pot sparkle and then added around the edges (just felt like it helped the card stand out some) I also done some doodle dots around the horse shoe and clovers and inked the edges in brown to give them a aged look. I added some buttons to the clovers. The sentiment was stamped on a shape from Wild Card (I think) but can't remember what you call it!! I seen Crystals card today and really wanted to hide mine hee hee she does such amazing work!! Be sure to check hers out on her blog (link below) Also, everyones projects should be posted Monday so be sure to check out Whimsical Scraps & Bugs blog. Everyone does such great work!
http://scrapcandydesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/challenge-12-lucky-card.html
http://whimsicalscrapsandbugs.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

dawn said...

go job on the cards.... keep up the good work. they are all very cute.

Steph said...

Love your St Patrick's card. You do great work :)

The Memory Keeper said...

OHHHHHHHHHH! I love the St Pat's Dat card! Can I scraplift?

Jenny said...

So cute!!!!

Crystal said...

You are way too sweet! Thanks so much for linking to my blog! I don't know why you wouldn't want to post your card because it is AWESOME! I love it! I love how you incorporated the clover, horse shoe and pot o gold and I love that the colors are not all traditional st. patty's day colors! You did AWESOME and I LOVE it!

Kr├╝mel said...

I love your card - and it for sure will bring a lot of fortune to whom ever will receive it! I love the dots and doodling you added and how you arranged everything on your card.

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Paper Memories said...

Cute card!!

Anonymous said...

meplpsGqkk [url=http://i301.info/jcpenneycoupons]jcpenney printable coupon[/url] nUgnoqduzyg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...